Thursday, May 15, 2014

New Computer (2014)

As some of you already know, I've had a lot of problems with my computer recently. We (my techie grandpa & I) tested out a bunch of solutions, but eventually had to take it somewhere to get it diagnosed. During that couple of weeks, I decided that it was probably time for an upgrade. My graphics card was slightly outdated, along with a few other parts. So we basically ended up building a new computer. I go a bit more into detail in this video. There are some photos at the end of this post if you're curious to see what it looks like.

Computer Specs
Samsung 840 Pro 250 GB SSD
3 HDDs & 1 EHD for games, recording, & storage
(I plan on amalgamating 2 of them)
Windows 7 64 bit Professional
Intel Core i7 4930k Processor
Corsair Hydo Series H100i Liquid CPU Cooler
ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Motherboard
4 x 8 (32) GB RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti Superclocked
Corsair AX760i Power Supply
Corsair Obsidian 750D Case

 
1) Empty case. 2) Before adding 2 HDDs & organizing the chords.

3) Everything put together & running.

I'm not completely done installing everything, or transferring all of my data from the other computer. I have yet to test out games, but I'm sure they'll run even better than before. I'm excited to play around with it more :D