Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sleep Paralysis

I was having a lot of trouble going to sleep, as usual. There are 1,000,001 things going on in my head, making it really difficult to even sleep a wink. It takes me anywhere from 1 - 5 hours after I've gotten myself situated in bed. Unless I get back from Disneyland, then it is super easy haha.

Once I finally got to sleep, I had the best dream! Meeting YogscastSips, who is my favorite YouTuber...which I'm sure you all know by now since I don't shut up about it. You know how when you try to talk, but nothing comes out? Well that happened. Which sucks because I wanted to talk to him, & get a picture, yada yada.

Soon after, my friends & I left to go back to my place, & we all went to sleep...except for me, because I always have too much on my mind. Here I am, in a dream, having the same experience that I'm having in real life: trying to sleep & failing. Which puts me in a state of confusion, because now I'm thinking I'm awake in real life. So my mind is wandering, & I'm looking around the room. Which is something that I usually do, because not knowing what is around me sort of freaks me out. Even though Latte & Killer would go crazy if something wasn't right, it still puts me on edge. And I'm sure that just adds to the whole going to sleep thing.

I then see the top of someone's head poking out of the doorway (we leave it open so our pets can go to the bathroom), & I freak out. I'm just lying there, slowing coming back to consciousness. Which of course is perplexing, since I thought I was already awake. I'm starting to panic, but I can't move or talk. So I'm making this whimpering noise, trying to get my boyfriend's attention, because I think someone is in the house. It feels like Ryan's arm or something is weighing me down. I ended up waking him with that sad dog noise I kept making. He shook me, & I finally snapped out of it.

Not being able to move or talk didn't scare me. What did, was the fact that I thought someone was in the house, & I couldn't warn Ryan about it by actually saying "someone is in the house!" It was the strangest thing.

I was just assuming it was sleep paralysis since Dulce Candy made this video about it a while back, & it sort of fit her description.

Well that was an interesting experience for me, just thought I'd share it with you all :)